Tuesday, February 28, 2012

These are a few of my favourite things - Series #1

I have recently asked a few of my friends to tell me about their favourite piece of furniture and give me some details about it and also what they'd would like to own if budget or space was no issue...

Introducing my friend Sharon in the first of the series... very brave of her!

1. Where is the item coming from, does it have a story and why do you like it?
I found the antler lamp at an Opp shop while looking for stuff for the kitchen. It was in the middle of a whole heap of other things so I didn't notice it at first. When I saw it though I could not believe that no one had bought it already. I was so afraid that someone would grab it so I stood next to it for 5 minutes maintaining physical contact at all times until finally I could show it to Greg and get his approval. It was the best $55 I have ever spent.
When I got it home I cleaned it and painted it white. It now takes pride in my lounge and everyone comments on it when they see it.

2. What is your profession?
I'm a textile and graphic designer, currently designing babieswear and girlswear.

3.Tell me what piece of furniture you would love to have?
A hanging egg chair. 

4. Why would you love to own this item?
Other than the fact that I obviously love the shape of the hanging egg chair, the idea of owning one means that I would have a large enough house with exposed ceiling beams to suspend it from. I can easily imagine myself relaxing in my hanging chair with a good book and some vanilla marshmallows.

Sharon and her Antler Lamp...

The desired Hanging Egg Chair... 
.
.
.

As well as being a brilliant graphic designer, Sharon is also a talented Blogger in her very spare time. Check out Stylisti about design and all things pretty.


1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful! I like the idea of a hanging egg chair, but I suspect two toddlers might like to use it as a swing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...